Les Fleurs acrylic pour of flowers

                                                                       Les Fleurs
                                                                         9"x12"
                                                                        Acrylic
Well took a bit of time to settle back in to being home and in the studio.  So yesterday was destined to be a messy day but one which was inspired with some of the modern art I saw in DC.  "Just let it run" was my motto.  Also, learned a new recycling use for those tp inner cardboard rolls (seems like I have an endless support of them and you can reuse them I think).  You can pour paint into them and it stacks up until you release it.  The paint colors, even though it might be all fluid consistency, have different weights so they suspend and hen spread out at different rates.  But boy did it have a lot of paint, so a long drying time before I could go in and touch things up.  I think they call this technique puddling.

Started the background by using a new stencil, which turned out to be not what I thought as it is cardboard not plastic, thanks Hobby Lobby you took me again.  But any way it did work and I should be able to use it several times.  Used a sponge to put it onto the board and then sort of white washed over the top of it before I added the paint puddle.

Now after getting all the laundry and other assorted things done, it will be time to get a bit more serious in the art room and see if I can get the mojo going.  

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look.

Comments

hmuxo said…
I love the looseness of this piece Nelvia. The subtle colors and beautiful design. You are amazing...I love how you're always experimenting with different techniques....!!!!
Jane said…
Love this technic and I love the result , so very inspiring ! Would love to be around you as YOU are an inspiring person , always something new boiling in your kettle ( danish expression ) LOL .
This is so different, Nelvia! Even though there is a lot of movement in the flowers, the basically soft colours give this a feeling of peace - quite an attachment.
Joan Tavolott said…
Nice way to get an abstract pattern! How do you keep the paint in the tubes...and how do you get it into the tubes? I think we need a visual for that. lol
Sheila said…
Terrific experimentation. And way to reuse!!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo