Hawk pastel portrait

Well going to give this a try and see if all the views from Denmark return.  I know that I was getting hit with bots or something but really have never in all the year seen anything like this.  Only way I could fix was to go dark.

This is a 9"x12" quick sketch I did yesterday.  I had lots of canvas backgrounds drying, it was cloudy and dreary foretelling today's rain.   The paint was really drying slow.   Matter of fact I took off some of the stuff I was experimenting with and one background was still wet after all day - tried more drying last nigh and hope to be able to paint today.  Anyway, I digress, I have wanted to do a series for many years with Native Americans, so thought I would check this idea out.  Also wanted to see if I could pull my acrylic method over to the pastel world.  Not sure it worked, but  did give me a good idea in color sketch form of whether or not to continue with this idea.

Thanks for stopping by and hope I am back without having to change gears again

Comments

Joan Tavolott said…
Great to see you back...hope there aren't any more problems. I like this. Looks like using pastels for this was a success. Excellent job on the native dress and background!
Jane said…
Great humour and great painting, how do you get these ideas ? Strange thing about all these boring ...was it comments ? or views ? You know something's rotten up there LOL .
This piece is super Nelvia. I like that you are incorporating so many subjects in your recent work. I hope that problems you have been having are a thing of the past. Have a great day!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo