Tooter acrylic portrait street musician

                                                                        Tooter
                                                                       16"x12"
                                                                       Acrylic

Ok, I have made it through a couple of days now after I went dark/private and it appears that whoever or whatever has lost interest.  Hope it stays that way.  I don't think I was hacked, not sure how I would know that, just got a lot of views, all from Denmark, that only showed up in country stats and not under individual pictures.  So I am thinking I had some kind of bot.  Who knows in this technology world.

Anyway I have been busy working while I was waiting.  I do post on FB at Nelvia's Fine Art page but I still enjoy being able to write more information here.

I tried a different technique using an empty yogurt cup and just twisting dobs and dabs of paint in a circular motion.  I had someone tell me and now that I look at it again that it looked like Chagall and reminds me of a stained glass window.

Debra Dukes took the reference photo for this and the next one I am going to post, Blowin' Blues, and they were excellent references to work with.    I don't know how many more will be in this series as I am thinking about a new one with Native Americans.  But, I think I will continue to add as I run across things that speak to me.

Thanks all for hanging in there during the dark days and hoping I won't have to leave again for a while.

Comments

Colorful and lively , I love it.
Helen said…
I love this! He's just coming right out of the movement or sounds behind him! Yellow is the perfect color for his clothing. It reminds me so much of another one. Didn't you do a sax player a while back?
Between the blog and FB I feel like I have already commented on this one - lol. I like him and the background - both seem to be full of sound and movement and the colours are super!
Jane said…
Wow love the energy displayed here , the musician is fabulous and I love the 'trick' with the empty yoghurt cup.
hmuxo said…
Wonderful subject and painting Nelvia. Beautiful colors !!!!!
Joan Tavolott said…
I love the energy the swirling background gives to this. You did the musician perfectly, with his cheeks filled with air. I can almost hear the music!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo