Pirouettes

                                                                       Pirouettes
                                                                        16"x12"
                                                                         Acrylic

I find that some times when I am away from painting every day I have a problem getting back into the groove and finding inspiration.   That is where I am right now, not really sure what I want to do so am doing some experimentational things until I get momentum again.

I just got back from Home Depot where I bought some hardboard and am going to try to do some things on that as a substitute for stetched canvas.   Why you ask, it is more economical.  I think that actually I might be able to hang it without a frame, or think it might look great in a floating frame.   I wouldn't need a mat or backboard since this is pretty stiff.  I think too, you can work on it gluing on canvas (I am going to try using mod lodge as the glue) or without.  Also because it is a stiffer board it shouldn't buckle when I choose to work really wet.  Also I have seen an artist, Ivan Hoo, work with this board and pastel.  Hmmm, seems there might be lots of options.

Ok, for this piece it is on mixed media board and I used a credit card to put I the background.   I like the darkened silhouettes but felt you really couldn't distinguish them so I add a few dabs of paint, hoping it looked like lights on them.

Thanks much fro stoping by and taking a look.

Comments

Helen said…
There's just no end to all the things you'll try! This is really nice. I like the bold background of movement.
It will be interesting to hear about your experiments with the hardboard. I like this painting and the contrast of traditional ballet dancers with a more jazz dance background. - always thinking and trying new things - good for you Nelvia!
hmuxo said…
Nice work as always, Nelvia. Beautiful movement and love the background colors....
Joan Tavolott said…
I like the silhouettes against the colorful background. Nicely done!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo