Have found some time to work on Buddy this week.  Almost have his ear in place and as you can see still working on the fur.  The cheek section shows the second part of the working process, after I've brushed on the charcoal dust, then the hair growth is pulled out with eraser and then charcoal hair strands are put back in and finally topped off with the white pastel or charcoal which is smoothed a bit back into the greys.  I think now I am finally starting to get more comfortable with the process and find myself adding darker darks in the initial stage so that I can get the color contract that Buddy needs.  think the grey now is dark enough to pop against what will be a lot of white dog.  Still debating on whether or not to leave this all in black and white tones or add color to the eyes, will need to decide pretty soon because once I go over half way I don't want to be working anything on the left side as it will turn into one big smear.
Hope everyone is having a great week and thanks for checking in.

Comments

renate said…
Hallo Nelvia:) I see you are on the move again. Love to see it! I'll bet this a difficult one with all the white in it. If I understood it correct you must do the fur 4 times.... I'm very curious what you choice will be on the color of the eyes. I'm for sure he's going to be beautiful. Have a great weekend!
Alexander said…
Very impressive how you draw the hair. Always imagined this the most difficult thing. very lively
Nelvia said…
Hi to both. Ya this one is challenging me as I probably end up working it more than 4 times as I try to get the bone structure to show. This is slower but I am slowing working back to pastel. He will have teeth and I usually find that a challenge. Am worried with the nose as that is a lot of black to keep in place so we' see

Popular posts from this blog

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

Bold woman's portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo