Title: Ziva
Size:  9"x12"
Media: Colored Pencil

Had a quick trip to the mountains this weekend and got Ziva pretty much finished late Friday night and finishing touches a few minues ago as she has lingered on long enough.  Again this is with colored pencils, done in a watercolor style and then I inadvertently overlaid it with some graphite so tired to fix it up a bit.  Going to leave her on my easel this week so I see her each morning and night and then will probably try to tweak her up a bit before I show her "live" finished to David for his final thoughts and comments. 

Am going to try a new fur technique with charcoal on my next dog and am thinking it will be a very unusal pose as well, but Terri kind of liked it and think I can take some creative license and fill him out, so Buddy, a Great Pyrenees will be my next adventure, you know how I love black and white dogs.

Have the three day weekend coming up for our Memorial Day holiday so hope to get some things cooking both in the garden and the art room.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great painting week.

Comments

Alexander said…
extremely lively. very nicely done and realistic.
renate said…
Hello Nelvia:) Ziva has turned out beautiful! You are so talented on drawing dogs and other animals. I'm very curious for your next project.
Wish you a happy holiday!xx
Nelvia said…
Thank you for your thoughts and kind words.Always like to hear your thoughts and feedback. Have a good week both of you

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo