Just got finished with my 3 mile run, a good one, so full of it right now so will get this posted early this weekend. 
I have 2 projects going this week.  One to be like Renate, with a parrot - except mine doesn't bite or .....!!  :)
Well wanted to do this picture for many years as I have always been fascinated with pen and ink and pointillism.  As I was cleaning out my closet, decluttering, I ran across the picture and was looking for a downstairs project so looked like the time was right.  This is a VERY VERY slow process but somehow, as I have no patience, I like it - guess it's that drawing thing.  Then if you add the colored pencils I really like the color punch against the pen marks, like it better than water color since I can get that translucent deep color with the pencils.  Using tiny disposable .01mm pens, testing out several brands I've acquired over the years and will have to check the craft stores for replacements when I find the one I like.  I usually end up with dry ink in the Marsmagno pens because I stop before I've gone through the cartridge.  So think this is something I'll explore this summer when I sit on the porch.  Easy to watch the rabbits (grrr) chipmunks and birds while I dot my life away.

Meet Ziva, my friend's newest dog, she is actually over a year now - she has him wrapped around her little (not so little any  more) paw.  Anyway when I asked for pictures he gave me lots of puppy ones, based on my last weeks puppy picture, and he wanted to see if I could catch her mischievous look, she has quite the personality.  Am trying to do a combination of pencil techniques on her fur here, still searching for that right look.  Want it to be dense, look kind of fluffy but still see some of the stroking and hair growth directions.  We'll see how that goes as this progresses but kind of like the effect I'm seeing so far on her ear.  She is deceptively simple in the reference picture, but need to show different grades of blackness to accent the contours of her face.  She is part Rottweiler and has the tanish accent tones, since they don't make a pencil that color (or I don't have one) that is going to be one of the biggest challenges of this picture - to catch that color.  Looks like I will be doing some experimenting.

Well, time for another cup of tea and get out there and chase the rabbit(s) so have a good weekend and thank you for stopping by.

Comments

renate said…
Hai Nelvia:) You made me smile and shake my head on the same time! This big parrot is already so nice! It looks like it's build up from millions of little dots. I know I have to be patient but I can't wait to see how it will be when it is finished!
Ziva is so cute! I love his ear already:) This is going to be a nice one, I can feel it!
I'm your biggest fan and always be!
By the way 1) Don't you say the word porch again! It's so cold over here.... :(
By the way 2) Be gentle for the rabbit :)
Have a very nice weekend both of you!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo