Well here is this week's progress, not a lot, but a busy week.  Only get to steal 10-15 minutes here and there, but hoping to get more completed with a couple of hours of dedicated work between today and tomorrow.  But have to plant basil and tomatos and aleady cut back my roses so they can bloom again.
I can see now that as I go into completion on Ziva I'll need to even out whatever color I am going to decide on for the accents, don't think the gold is the color I really want so will be interesting how I can alter that.  I always have to remember the flash and that she is actually darker than I think in real life - might need to look at some professional Rotweiller reference photos to capture better colors.  By the way with the web having such a great free image base I am parting with most of my reference photos that I have hoarded from magazines over the years - my closet likes it - declutter.

Got more done on the parrot, am trying to dot out the background first and get that colored in and then will focus on the parrot as he will have such beautiful color.  This gets pretty tedious and easy to lose my plan, but think this is a good exercise and hoping it will help my shading plans going forward.  It does amaze me what you can accomplish in black and white.  I also really like the versitility of the colored pencil, more there than I ever really knew and have a couple more experiments I want to try using it as well.
Hope your weekend is the best.

Comments

Alexander said…
You know I am a fan of your dogs, but I love your parrot
renate said…
Hey Nelvia:) I put the drawing of the dog large in my screen so I can see him even better. Gorgeous!
The Parrot will be great. I am so curious how he is when he is ready. What a work is inside it. I find it super clever of you!
Lovely to see everytime what progression you made!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo