Monk 7 - L'Hermitage Poster Update

 

Monk #7 is now done, whew I found one more monk than I thought I had done - 7 in all yahoo!!!  Did most of this one with a new pen, Zebra's Sarasa Gel with rapid dry ink.  It is a .7mm which lays down much larger and bolder lines than what I normally use, but eat up the white space quickly.  However, it performed really well, no clumping, blotting or smearing and was really smooth going on the paper.  This size will be beneficial when I do a much larger pen/ink drawing as a larger size can take the bolder lines.  This monk was a study in trying to make negative shapes and there is less outlining.  I have been tracing the pattern over and over on tracing paper and think I have worn the original one out, proportions are out of whack so time to do a new drawing for the next five or six.
The next picture series is an update on the poster I am working on.  My hat is off to Monsieur Paul Berthon as he not only painted this but designed it, while I am struggling to paint it.  Think part of the problem is need to use bigger brushes Nelvia, but there is so much cutting in and close work ..... so it remains slow going.  I am successfully tearing the low tack tape and reusing it and it hasn't failed yet.  Somehow, just trying to keep those lines and angles straight.  I will be glad to see this one finished and next acrylic/brush painting is going to be something I can just slop the paint on.  Yeah, sure!!!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great painting weekend.  Spring is finally here in the Deep South and supposed to be 70 today - so porch and glass of wine in hand I will be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo