Zentangle

I don't know if entangle is still a thing, but it sure helps me when I have to go to the doctor.  I am weak, I am silly, but I get scared internally - I have white coat syndrome!!  My blood pressure just goes through the roof.  I found that besides having lots of wait time it calms me down to doodle.  Now I haven't really created a good habit of sketching lots of things from life - that's why Joan, you inspire me.  So small baby steps.
One things about the entangle thing is that I never know where it is going to take me.  I was just really practicing my mark making.  Now that I take a harder look I see that I got plenty of texture into this drawing and I am going to deem it a success.
You can check out https://www.facebook.com/Nelvias-Fine-Arts-1394520027483120/ to see the other drawings I did while in the waiting room.  My doctor is primarily a pediatrician (well I am pretty child like) and had a Mother Goose book in there for entertainment.  As I sat in the chair it was upside down so I decided to try Judy Edwards, Drawing on the right side of the brain, technique of drawing something upside down.  It breaks down the built in symbols of your mind, it tricks the mind to see shapes, color, etc.  Anyway I was pretty pleased, and always surprised at how well they come out.

Comments

Cute Idea Nelvia - I usually read - lol. I tried Zentangle once or twice and found I am too impatient to get nice marks so I gave it up. I have also done the drawing upside down method and use it in my beginner classes; it is a great way to learn how to paint what you see and not what you think is there. Have a great day!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo