Butterflies and Flowers watercolor portrait

Butterflies and Flowers
This weeks lesson is another watercolor.   Started with a reference photo and changed it up a bit in the hair, makeup and headdress.   Was going to have all butterflies on her headless but ended up adding flowers too.   Used Pinterest to help me find some of the changes.  Am working on another piece of a friend's grandchild that I want to to try to accomplish in watercolor.  But wanted to try different skins tones on this one first.  

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look.

Comments

Sheila said…
She is stunning Nelvia! The background is awesome, and her skin is lovely :) A new favorite :)
carol edan said…
Yes stunning! Quite agree with Sheila!
This is wonderful Nelvia. I think you did a great job on the skin tones and I especially like her mouth. You are progressing so well with the watercolour - congratulations!
Nelvia said…
Thanks so much for your support and help, it is always appreciated!! I wrote you an email at about 3:30am, so don't expect it to make much sense!!
Nelvia said…
Thanks Carol, hope you don't mind but I have now switched to really following you on instagram as there I can comment without issues. Thanks for taking a look and very much appreciate such super feedback.
Nelvia said…
Hey Val, is it warming up there? Appreciate your feedback as I really have been working on the skin tones. Have a baby in progress so hoping I don't age her a lot with too sharp angles or dark skin tones, but so hard to give them definition without some drastic color
Joan Tavolott said…
Your background is really nice, but it is your skin tones that impress me a lot! I know how difficult those are in watercolor. You are really getting the hang of the watercolors!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo