Victoria Woman mixed media drawing

Water color activated

Dry color pencil
Today ended up being a day of experimentation.  I was able to find this fairly simple border, stitch together, vignette and color edited the photo reference in GIMP.   Then I drew out this portrait of Victorian Woman.   The original reference was shared by deerart67 of PMP.   She spoke to me with her soft beauty.

I first inked the border using brown brush pen and then put in the shading in graphite, primarily 2B pencil and utilized my silicone blenders to soften it.   Then I added color pencil layers her the graphite, using very gingerly first layers so I wouldn't move/disturb the graphic and make the color pencil muddy.   I was going to fix it, but one I tried it I thought I could add the colorization and not made total mud.   The color pencils I was working with were watercolor and I knew I wanted to try to make watercolor over the graphite too, just to see how that would look.

I think I know which one is my favorite - what about you, which is your preference?

Thanks much for stopping by and taking a look.



Comments

Joan Tavolott said…
This came out lovely! I like the border. Your inking came out really nice. I like the top one with the watercolor activated. It has more of a sepia look which is perfect for a Victorian look.
Love the first one , Lovely as always!
As I said on FB they are both great but looking more I have decided I like the second one best. It is cleaner looking and brighter - I can see the sunlight shining on her face and hair.
Sheila said…
One definitely has more light than the other. I prefer the bright one. Wonderful work, and Excellent inking Nelvia :)

Popular posts from this blog

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

Bold woman's portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo