Kat Fedora Lesson



What I learned form this lesson is that if you don't have a clear vision, you can end up with just about anything and anywhere.  

I originally was going to do an entirely different picture with this girl, but at the last minute I decided to try to apply my lesson to it.  So even though the background is a combo of highlighter marker and acrylic/ with pastel over both, the girl's face was originally watercolor.  This time it is painted going from darkest areas to lightest with some blending in between.  

Well I wasn't happy with where the watercolor hair was going, so decided to change it over to acrylic.   Wasn't thrilled with that result either, but that's another story.  Once I got going with the acrylic I thought I'd touch up the face a bit, actually went over it with some acrylics but very loose, in a watercolor style.  Then I wasn't totally happy with the background and decided to make the bottom triangles look like a potential shirt and added a bit of pastel to one side.   It looked odd so added it to the other, and then run it in and got an interesting texture.  

Thanks much for stopping by and taking a look.

Comments

carol edan said…
Lovely portrait! Interesting combination of your organic portrait on a very structured and abstract background. Sometimes going with the flow is good!
This sounds like you had a real battle with it.I can't say that I like the subject bu tyou did a good job with it after all your fiddling - lol. A real mixed media piece!
Nelvia said…
Yes I think you learn more when you just let go and see what happens. You know yes do it, or not to do it again. I have so many materials I really haven't worked with that it is fun to use them just to learn about what they could do.
Nelvia said…
Thanks Val, think I am in one of those moods/times where things just don't work the way my mind thinks it will. So it is all about experimenting again, I guess.
Sheila said…
You took the long way around, but I think you got it! I really like her hair. There is a cool highlight at the part. Love the touch of pastel :)

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait