Princess Watercolor Portrait



 Here is today's experiment in watercolor.   As you know I have been trying to learn GIMP.   The goal is that I then could build my compositions from multiple pictures, have a preview of what it would look like, and then be able to choose color schemes.  Now that is pretty ambitious for a non-techie person, but that is where I would like to go.

So as a pretty simplistic beginning I combined the photos below into the composition above.  I did use ink for the circles, and do see that I really need to work on my ink skills.  I really like the art nouveau/art deco period for design and fashion so would like to be able to get better at reproducing patterns.

I also did just the little tweaking of adding oil to this piece.   That is supposed to help smooth out the face a bit.   I have used oil with acrylics, but never thought, of course not, to combine them with watercolor.   Just the little touches as you don't want to paint over everything that is watercolor and loose it's unique look.

So, thanks so much for stopping by and taking a look.



Comments

Sheila said…
Awesome Nelvia :) High five for persistence! You can do the lines with a rigger brush. Just an idea, but they look great to me ;) my circles always turn out more oval, Haha. :) Beautiful, delicate and sweet :)
Very lovely Nelvia! Good for you expanding your use of Gimp; I only use it to crop and tweak the photos of my art. This painting is charming and the watercolour is really looking good!
carol edan said…
Lovely design! Don't be so finicky!
Joan Tavolott said…
I love how you combined the images for this! Was this done on watercolor paper? I'm surprised that you were able to get a smooth application of oil without it staining in one spot. Nice experimenting!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo