Cats Away, Mice Play Update

Ok, you can see I that I have added the base tones for the chair cushion.  This was done in circularism, hundreds of small o's with a very sharp pencil.  Then as I did in the upper left hand quadrant I will go over it with a piece of chamois (got it at the $ store) and gently smooth it down so there is still texture and makes it look kind of velvety.  Also got more precise with the paws and hind quarters of the cat.
Usually when I have done graphite it has been with 2B pencil and erasers.  This time I am using different levels of pencils, F, 3B, 5B and a 2B mechanical pencil to try to let the different softness of the leads do the work for me.
Taking a break now as it was darn tedious to do the circularism, but know that the fun part is coming!!
Thanks for stopping by and hope you are having a great week.

Comments

hmuxo said…
Beautiful work here, Nelvia. It's so interesting seeing the progression of this piece.
Wonderful work....

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo