Magnolia WIP

TGIF!!!!   Yep, it is Friday......
One of the things about experimenting is that you always learn things after the fact:
- I know that if I continue to do this type of process in the future I need to get some new solvent.  Mine is lots of years old and has a definite yellow cast to it, so just by itself tends to color the paper yellow tone. 
- I also need to figure out how to do this technique if you don't have a lot of pencil on the paper - might work better if I had a smoother tooth - but want to keep the colors light, because it is white, and it leaves me with streaks.   Maybe do the light tones with watercolor where I can just use water and it might fill the tooth more - back to more experimenting I guess.
- Am going to finish the last of the petals and then determine if I am going to need to hit the pure whites with gauche to brighten them up - won't be able to pull it out with just white pencil alone.
See that I still will have some cleanup on petal definition, but all in all I am liking the way this is coming together.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great painting weekend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo