R*E*S*U*L*T*S FINALLY

Binder's Limelighter's Show
Atlanta Artists Center Show
FINALLY.  When God was giving out patience I wasn't impressed and obviously got back into the hip line for seconds -  as I didn't get much patience (one of the many things I have to work on).  Anyway the last few days has been hard while the art group was getting organized enough to publish a list of people who made it into the show.  I had a call with no message on Sunday and found out yesterday that one of my paintings had made it, the Zebra, but wasn't sure until this morning that both actually made it.  Each one was juried in, one into each show, with decisions being made by two different judges.  And, no, I have not wiped that dumb wide smile off my face.  I am thrilled, surprised, excited and humble to say the least.  I went down to see both shows this morning and I must say I am in excellent company.  Just some really beautiful work - but, and a big BUT, I don't feel like I shouldn't be there with them.  So ...  No scratchboard pieces in sight.
Thanks to all of you who "knew" and gave me such support and encouragement.  Yes, I will admit that I did vote for myself for the people's choice award - wanted at least one vote.  Think I will make hubby go and hope that I get another vote from him!!!
 
 



Comments

That is wonderful news. If I could attend the show I would vote for you for the people's choice award.
Caroline
Nancy Goldman said…
Congratulations on getting into both shows. I must say that I'm not surprised and your work absolutely deserves to be there!
hmuxo said…
Congratulations, Nelvia!!!! Your Zebra is amazing and it certainly deserved to be in the shows!! I'm very excited for you!!!
Nelvia said…
Oh Caroline, wish you were here too just so I could come to the pottery. Appreciate the encouragement.
Nelvia said…
Hey Nancy, hoping this is the start of some show successes. Thank you for your comment and encouragement, means a lot coming from you
Nelvia said…
I,have to tell you Hilda I am still so excited and so appreciative to see my work with other professional artists. Glad to be on my gameplan to,seeing where I can go over the next few years. Looking for new experiences Nd opportunities. So much appreciate you as well as your beautiful work.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo