Draft Horse Scratch - Almost Finished

                                        HAPPY 4TH OF JULY - INDEPENDENCE DAY
Atlanta is having the most beautiful day, for the absolute middle of summer, when we have been well over 95F multiple days we woke up to 66 degrees, lesser humidity and a light breeze and so it is wonderful.  Not sure how much of this is courtesy of the hurricane that went up the coast these last few days.  But it is sure wonderful and must be enjoyed while it lasts.
I thought my horse might be close to done, but as I see this on screen I am finding a number of things I am going to want to tweak.  But at least he is to the point where I can have him on the board just to look at for a bit. 
1) Might have to do a bit more with the grass, I only wanted a sprinkle so that he looked grounded so might darken out more areas and put some more behind him rather in front of him, as it doesn't look real grounded to me at this point, I don't want to color them, just make it look like he is standing on something.
2)  I am not happy with the back haunch so got to do some rework on that,
3) Also can't really see the back front leg, it is too dark
4)  I also think he has too much of a hunch in the top of the back and I might smooth that down a bit more with more stippling as the highlight across the top of the back 
5)  Also want to work on the sock hairs some more and take out a lot of the color - think I might end up and put it in with watercolor pencil - right now all the color is pastel and I think it looks too clumpy, so .... think there will be some color rework of the whole horse in spots so there is a smoother transition.
Back to the drawing board, but not today.  Now it is time for a hard working girl to go down and grab a glass of wine and sit on the porch and wait for the fireworks!!!!!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great painting weekend.

Comments

hmuxo said…
This is amazing Nelvia. You even have the shine on his fur...Wonderful work!!!!
Alexander said…
happy 4th of july. yes and it is a masterpiece
Nelvia said…
Oh Hilda thank you so much. Am going to resend the video link.
Nelvia said…
Hey A, not sure about masterpiece, but have done my tweaks and am happier, going to look at for a few days and then seal.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo