Pool Balls ACEO

 
ACEOs are just plain fun.
ACEOs are little - just 2.5"x3.5".  Just like a sports trading card size.
Whenever I need a break or want to experiment the best way to do it is to do a small size picture.  I like doing the ACEOs or a 5"x7".  You don't have a lot of time or materials invested and you get a quick result.  I was working here with color pencils over black paper.  The black really kills the colors so I tried putting some gouache over the top of the color pencil layers, am thinking  next time I might try putting the gouache down first and see if I could gently layer the color pencil on top without taking it off.  I wasn't sure it would stick, as the pencils leave a slick waxy surface, but only one way to find out.  I also really liked this composition but wasn't sure I would want to do it in a larger size, and found out that yep I really would - so you may see this again.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great painting week.

Comments

hmuxo said…
Nice work, Nelvia! I hope to see it again in a bigger format... excellent subject.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo