Contemplation acrylic dancer portrait


Contemplation
14"x17"
Acrylic
Here is another in the performer series.  Not sure where she found a porthole window like this, but thought it was pretty neat.  Well this one was done with a vision and a big prayer.  I had to believe in the fact that I would like it after I put phthalo blue washes over my grisaille.  I liked it really well just with the grisaille and figured if I had to I could go back over the blue washes with the grays again.  But now I do like how she kind of glows, and I especially like here against the darkest dark of the  lower background.

Then I was pretty tentative with my first saturation of the phthalo blue, and figured, in for a penny, in for a pound.   I went over it several more times with heavier washes to achieve the finished painting.    

Hope you like it.  Thanks for stopping by.

Grisaille before washes were applied

Comments

hmuxo said…
Another beautiful painting Nelvia!! The dark background is perfect as it focuses on this beauty!!! Excellent work.
Sheila said…
I do like the blue :) Dreamy.
Another fabulous painting! Well done Nelvia.
Joan Tavolott said…
I most definitely do like it!!! I think the blue gives it a dreamy quality, like she is glowing with blue light. Lovely job!
Nelvia said…
Thanks C this time is one of my most simple pics
Nelvia said…
Me to, one of my first retroflexions
Nelvia said…
Thanks Val, I am on a roll and painting as fast as can before it wears off 😳
Nelvia said…
I am glad it works, I thought she looked like she was dreaming and almost called it Dreams

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo