Flamingo-esque acrylic portrait of dancer

                                                           Flamingo-esque
                                                                11"x14"
                                                                Acrylic

I know the title is kind of funky, but the post that she has makes me think of a flamingo dancer.  They are always to dramatic I definitely have to find a picture to do of one, all those ruffles and attitude.

This is trying to do a minimal background.  I had a bottle of Spanish wine that had a wrap of plastic mesh.  So when I sacrificed and drank it I cut the mesh off thinking I might be able to use it to make a design by putting the paint on it and then pressing onto the support.  Well it didn't exactly work the way I wanted it to but it did end giving a nice illusion of movement for the background.

Now back to the painting I have been working on and to finish the design of the new one I want to do next.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend.

Comments

Helen said…
The painting, like the flamenco dance itself, is a battle/balance between grace and power!
Look at those fabulous while flourishes!!
Sheila said…
I think it is great, lot's of energy :)
What an incredible pose for the dancer! I think the white is perfect and helps give the piece the movement it needs. Well done, Nelvia!
Joan Tavolott said…
Whatever you did with the plastic mesh worked great to show a sense of movement. She does resemble a flamenco dancer with the pose and her skirt lifted. Nicely done!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo