Triangular pastel portrait street dancer

                                                                       Triangular
                                                                         12"12"
                                                                         Pastel

Well today was just a fun day and trying my street performers out in pastel on black Artagain paper.  I was getting itchy as I haven't painted with chalk now in quite a while.  Actually the inspiration for this piece is I am going to try to get featured in an instagram account, weekly_art_comp.

This weeks challenge is about geometry.  Well got to admit that I wasn't the brightest bulb in this math class.  But I figured that most of the entries are going to being those fabulous mandalas and other really structured pictures.  I don't do those kinds of things as I find them a bit too tedious and I just don't have the patience level for them.

But as I looked at this reference picture that I pulled for street performers, I saw lots of triangles that the body made naturally and just deiced to enhance them a bit.  I also wanted to try out the template I had using  pan pastels to see how it would work so I just threw that in as well.  So as always, there is a bit of experimentation going on.

Thanks much for stopping by and taking a look.

Comments

Joan Tavolott said…
Another stunning one where you have captured the action and incorporated something different. It works well!!!
Sheila said…
Cool :) Good Luck to you :)
This is great Nelvia! So many triangles - even more than you indicated and I really like the touches of white that help show movement. So very cool!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo