ATCs


Here are a couple of ATCs that I have just completed.  Both are done on card stock.  The top is for an ATC monthly challenges with the theme of secrets.  This is from a photo reference by Alex Lee Johnson, a fabulous quirky photographer who shares at PMP.  I have wanted to d her for a while as I really loved the story in the eyes.

And the lower one is a combination collage/painting.   For her I used the top half of a model from a Landsend catalog.  I found a Victorian hat I liked (thought it might have been worthy to go to the royal wedding) and then just painted out the mid-body of the models clothes and painted an off-the-shoulder dress.  Tried matching the existing skin tones for her neck and shoulders.  I did actually sketch an good oval, but it really didn't come out that well here - looks pretty odd shaped, but ....    It has kind of shot me off into looking into fashion design as that would be really great practice too for drawing the full figure.  Am I the only one who really liked Project Runway?  It takes me back to my childhood when I was always drawing new clothes for my paper dolls and when I learned to sew make things for my Barbie.

Thanks much for stopping by and taking a look

Comments

How brave you are Nelvia. I can't imagine doing such small paintings of people and you just keep doing them. I like both of these but especially the lady with the hat. You did a good job matching the skin tones and the hat is super.
Sheila said…
These are both fabulous Nelvia! I love the fascinator! So fun :)

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo