TRAX collage painting

TRAX - Collage/painting
Still trying to figure out how to incorporate collage into my paintings.  Also thinking it would help me to get looser, impressionistic looks. But, sigh, looks like I still have a long way to go on that. 

You can see by the small picture below, where I was at with the main collage pieces and the drawn train.  The main collage pieces used were:  the underpants was torn newsprint out of a paperback book, train front window was graduated gray tones (I added painted color and shadows), top part of the building/tresses, tracks, the man in the red jacket as the collage pieces.  

The remainder of the people and the rest piece are painted.  I tired to make the sky/trees more impressionistic.  

                                    As usual, I like part of it and not so much other parts, but it is interesting, kind of like learning a new language.   
Thanks much for stopping by and taking a look.












Comments

This is an interesting piece although a bit dark for my taste. I keep wondering about collage versus mixed media - what is the difference? - lol.
Sheila said…
Enjoy seeing the wip. Interesting watching you work/learn/experiment :) Keep it up :)
jorjorbeth said…
I see your blog daily, it is crispy to study.
Your blog is very useful for me & i like so much...
Thanks for sharing the good information!
สวัสดีครับ promotion

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo