Blues Pulse


Well, more truthful confessions in this post.   I have to admit that I have been somewhat of an artistic snob.   While I have  done a lot of crafts over the years I have to admit that I wasn't respectful enough for all the journaling things that are going on today.  These folks truly understand multi-media and how to use all of it together to create their vision.  What I have discovered?   Basically, they live in a "mark making" world too, just like us, using many of the same tools that I already have in my possession.  They just are more fearless about using them in ways I never would have thought about.

Why do collage - here are some of the benefits I think I am already seeing:
1)  Learning about textures and how to create them
2)  Learning a bit more about the various mediums you can use with acrylics, pastels, color pencils, etc and what might happen to it
3)  It makes me think.  Easy part is cutting out images that catch my attention.  Then it definitely gets harder when you try to take some and make something more cohesive out of it.  Sorry, Helen, but I sure don't tell a story the way you do.
4)  Forces me to use art supplies I have had for years and never exactly knew what to do with
5)  Makes you a kid again and you can just play
6)  Pretty forgiving, if you don't like keep adding or put more layers on and change it until you get something you can tolerate
7)   Totally a way for someone who doesn't think abstract to start to get there.
8)  Going to be a way to bring what I am learning about texture into my regular picture making

Thanks much for stopping by and taking a look.

Comments

hmuxo said…
Very nice piece Nelvia. I love the colors and design.. Collages could be so interesting to do. My friend did a collage recently of her family coming to America going through Ellis Island...passing the Statue of Liberty....the Flag.....so everything was in collage except the people which she did in oils....actually, some people were taken from a magazine....but it was different. SO many ideas around....not enough time!!! Lol
I admit to being a bit of a art snob too especially with regard to journals. My problem with journals is that you do all that work and then close the book and no one ever sees it - lol. I applaud your experimentation, Nelvia and this piece is very cool!
Jane said…
I really like this experiment and all the good reasons you put out to just get started LOL.
Sheila said…
I saw this on my phone, and I was so disappointed that I could not see it on a larger screen. I love the squiggles, the repeating circles, the bird peeking out. Terrific energy here!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo