The Bull and Pansies ATC

Abstract - Pansies


The Bull

Well, when I get in these moods I am never sure what will be the end result.  Here is a Sherpa-inspired picture of an elk.  Probably be the only animal head that would hang over my fireplace.

Who says, you don't learn in art?  Because I don't know these things, I googled the correct designation, that while an adult male deer is a buck, an adult male elk is a bull.  We often frequent Smoky National Park, they reintroduced elk there in 2001 and 2002.  They have really have had a successful comeback and several groups have spread out of the park.  While they are tolerant of humans, usually by the time we get to the park it is too late in the day to see them.  Huge, they are much larger than deer, not really know for sure how they compare to moose.

I seldom work in watercolor.  I do like it, just don't always understand it.  So decided to do an experiment - I know, like I never do - of watercolor on Yupo paper.  Because it is plastic, liquid media don't sink into the paper, but can be reactivated and paint will continue to move around if you add water or alcohol.  Also luckily, some of the pigment colors left sediment as well, that added to the textures.  Once I was done adding the colors, I turned the ATC around, to see how it looked and if I could determine anything that could be a feature.  I think I see pansies or some kind of wildflower.  Will definitely try a few more of these.  Only thing is that you see things you like, then it changes, but I think that is indeed part of the charm.

Thanks much for stopping by and taking a look.

Comments

I like the Bull piece. We have elk here too but rarely do they come to my yard. The Pansy piece is interesting but it is had not to have interesting when you use Yupo - lol. Have a great day Nelvia
Sheila said…
Love the Bull, awesome!! And watercolor on YUPO??? You are brave and experimental. But so fun to play isn't it?! I see flowers, and some grass and a bit of river or spring. Lovely :)
OK, so I have not painted your card. But I AM thinking on it. I can tell you I will get it out by next week. I have to before I get busy again. I see yours every day, she is right next to me, to the desk. She kinda makes me nervous. Or maybe it is just that she is reminding me to get my butt in gear! LOL. Happy creating to you my friend :)
jorjorbeth said…
I see your blog daily, it is crispy to study.
Your blog is very useful for me & i like so much...
Thanks for sharing the good information!
สวัสดีครับ promotion

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo