New Adventure - Fashion Art



Been quite a while since I have worked in a sketchbook on a regular basis.  And thought this might be the perfect way to start sketching again and utilize all the things I have been working on from collage, markers, painting, etc.  There is so darn much on YouTube and Pinterest to help you that I figured I could go back a lot of years to my childhood.

How so, you might ask.  Well, if you remember paper dolls and Barbie's you might not be surprised to know I spend a lot of time making them clothes.  I like fashion, and design but never really pushed it as an adult.  But, you are  never too old to start something new and trying things, so this is the start and I'll see how long it take before I get bored.

The dress on the left is a combination of ideas and I can say it's an original.   The dress on the left is a shortie 10 day course where the idea was to draw with your left, yes left, hand, and then kind of entangle in a design.  Only working in black, white or gray.

Yes, rough I know, but a start....

My blog has stopped telling my email when someone comments, does anyone know how to fix?

Thanks much for stopping by and taking a look.

Comments

Helen said…
I like it!
I've never been a sketcher or a drawer. I wonder if it's too late to teach this old dog a new trick. :)
Nelvia said…
never too late and so many ways to go,about it
Joan Tavolott said…
Sounds like a good way to keep active in your journal. Nice!
Great job Nelvia. I used to draw clothes to using Millie the Model comic books as my guideline, Now, I have absolutely no interest in clothes or fashion - lol. I am not getting notifications for blog comments either and have no idea how to fix it - pain in the a... If you find out please let me know
Nelvia said…
Got to try something to put some discipline back in my life
Nelvia said…
Been looking to see if anyone else had issue, they changed from http to https and I the changes they did for privacy/cookies, I wondered if that made a difference. I changed it back and still didn’t,t get it to work.
Sheila said…
These are so fun Nelvia :) One of my favorite childhood activities too :) DO you remember Fashion Plates? Oh how I had to have those!! They have new versions. And I still secretly covet them. LOL :)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1978-Tomy-FASHION-PLATES-Clothing-Designer-Set-w-Original-Box-/263739217589
Sheila said…
Oh about the blog... make sure your updates are all, up to date. LOL :)
Nelvia said…
Wow how cool is that. We, of course were never so sophisticated. Might have to get me one!!!
hmuxo said…
Very nice Nelvia !!! You can do it all...lol. I have always liked fashion art!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo