Curiousity & The Cat

Well here is my first white scratchboard completed.  At least I think it is until I get some feedback from the scratchboard forum artist folks at WetCanvas.  I found this very different to work on compared to the black board.   More difficult maybe to put the color on first, and scratch to white, rather than scratch through black to white and then color.  Not sure what the psychology is there but it is what my mind says.
Finally figured out, and will apply next time, that I need to lightly sand/rough up the board at the beginning so the first base pencil colors apply and adhere better.  He is kind of a scruffy looking guy, I think  he is young, seems to me most Cheetahs are sleeker looking.  ESP at Paint My Photo, the photographer, said he was surprised as this cat was coming right to him and he didn't have the lens that he wanted to use - hence the title Curiousity & the Cat.

 Now that I look at him, this pose is pretty similar to the Tiger I did a year or so ago, where he is kind of coming out at you.  Might have a greeting card collection going here.

Comments

Jane said…
Two great painting in their own way , love the expressions ! You have been so busy creating lately , hope you had a nice Eater .
hmuxo said…
These are both excellent, Nelvia! The tiger is so impressive...beautifully painted...
Nelvia said…
Hi Jane, trying to find my niche - think I know what it is but trying hard to experiment before I settle in and accept it.
Nelvia said…
Hi Hilda, thanks so much for the nice comments. The tiger, well he is one of my favorites. Also do you ever look back and wonder how you did a painting? He started my love of color pencils and probably won't ever go back without them now.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo