Golden Eagle Update - Color Receipes



I toned down the right eye on the left pic and I think that is an improvement - this is meant to be one side in light and one going into shadow.  Does it need more toning down?  Also should I put some more semblance of feather work into the shadow side so it doesn't look like such a distinct line of stopping? 
 
                                                     COLOR RECIPES
For - Mix - Why
Bright green – Lemon Yellow w/ Phthalo Blue – neither have a trace of red
Dull Green – Lemon Yellow w Ultramarine Blue - Ultramarine has purplish cast due to traces of red so red dulls green
Duller Green – Cad Yellow Med with Ultramarine Blue – has traces of red in it
Dullest Green – Cad Yellow Deep w/Ultramarine Blue – large amount of red in these colors
Bright Orange - Cad Red/Grumbacher Red w/ Cad Yellow Lt
Dull Orange – Cad Yellow Med and Permanent Rose or Quinacridone Red – red needs to have a trace of blue in it
Duller Orange – Cad Yellow Deep and Quinacridone Red blues neutralize the orange-greens
Dullest Orange – for a really earthy orange Yellow Ochre and Cad Red Deep
Intense Violets – don't use anything that has yellow, use bluish red with reddish blue – avoid Phthalo blues, Ceruleans, Cobalts and most Cadmium reds.

Comments

hmuxo said…
This is wonderful, Nelvia!!! Yes, adding a little feather work on the shadow side would be perfect...the suggestion that he's in the shadow.. I love how you added the light to the left side and the slight transition to the shadow side...NICE WORK...
Nelvia said…
Thanks Hilda, while the reference doesn't show it, that was my feeling to add a bit more work into the shadow so it isn't so abrupt. Nothing bold, just a little subtle marks to show that, yes, he is still there in the shadow. Sure appreciate the thought and nice comments.
Alexander said…
As always with your animal paintings a fine piece of art you have done. Interesting concepts you discuss on your previous posts. Would be a nice chat together in a studio.......and congratulations for your make over of your blog. I like it. Alexander
Nelvia said…
Hi A, we might have to try Skype or FaceTime and have an I. Studio chat. I M reading a book on finding my voice and I think at the end I will say the animals are my niche. The more I read about color and design the more I realize I don't know much. So keep studying and paint paint paint.
Glad you like the new look, was hard to read white print
Alexander said…
sure we can skype would be a fun idea. ideally weekend.......
Nelvia said…
What are we 6 or 7 hours different?

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo