Mike 5 WIP

Well think I got Mike to a point where he just needs to sit for a few weeks now and thoroughly dry.  I want to be sure that the muzzle areas are real dry so I get the whiskers on.  I also would like to lighten up behind the ears so you see the dark outline and that will give them better shape.  I also want the ruff areas dry so I can put some more strokes on there - it is pretty thick right now so not sure if I can do that - but hoping in about a week I can do that and then let it dry another week before I varnish. 

Now back to the Grand Canyon and figuring out what to do as an alternative to working with the oils.  Think maybe I'll try doing part of a vintage truck, which I got some shots of at our neighbor's house, in color pencils just for a slight break.  Just gotta love chrome!!

Thanks for stopping by and hope you are having a great week.

Comments

Mike is wonderful! he looks very old and wise.
Jane said…
I would never have guessed that you are not used to oils , great work Nelvia !
hmuxo said…
Excellent work Nelvia!
Nelvia said…
Thanks for looking C, let me know if you see something to change, going to,tweak some
Nelvia said…
Hi Val, not sure how old he is, but know he is pretty pampered. He has stopped going to,the games, guess too noisy for him. They won't force him to go into his Mobile cage.
Nelvia said…
Seems like the more I use them the more questions I have. But will keep going and hope the errors aren't too evident.
Nelvia said…
Thanks so much Hilda for looking in and leaving me such encouragement

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo