Mohave Point Grand Canyon WIP


Well finally got some sun today, not warmth, but light, so it is a good thing.  Had a nice chilly, brisk walk and some fresh air so am good to go.
Here is an update on Mohave Point.  I am struggling with trying to get the right technique for the look I am going for and have ended up painting and repainting several times now so will continue to tinker on this one.  Think part of the problem is I have my mind working out another picture and, yep, you guessed it, I am so old now I can't do two things at once!! 
Anyway, thanks for stopping by and hoping you have a great weekend.

Comments

I hope your weather warms up, your painting is looking wonderful.
Have a great weekend.
hmuxo said…
Looks AMAZING already, Nelvia!!!!
Jane said…
This looks really good, I am sure you will come up with the right ideas , to make you pleased with the result.
I really like the warmer tones in the foreground - such a nice contrast to the grey sky
Nelvia said…
Hi C, know this is nothing like you guys get, but we sure are not used to it. Wimps i guess. You have a good one too.
Nelvia said…
Thanks Hilda, not sure what I want the textures to be like, like the colors and more color to come, so will keep playing with it.
Nelvia said…
Guess when you struggle you are out of your comfort zone and hopefully learning. Yes, I will,figure this out Jane, or just paint over it and try again.
Nelvia said…
Hi Val, the color and opposites of sun and shadow is wHt drew me to this piece. So lots more color to come and the the rainbows. Thanks for looking in

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo