Mike WIP

Well here is an update on Mike.  For those of you that already work in oils you know that you probably have to have several pictures in process because you have to let what you work on dry enough to go over it.  So promising myself to start the Grand Canyon today.  Because of the detail I am finding it hard to be as loose in this as I would like to be.  Aslo while he is white in much of his face I am going to have to go in and add in grays to show separations of the hair riffs to make it more believable.  I am scared that I am getting to points where I am beginning to over work him, so am going to try to make myself finish off the first coat and then go back and tweak the shadows.  Also this time I am not having any problem getting thick paint on the canvas so the dry time will definitely be longer as I am hardly using any Liquin at all on this piece.

Thanks much for stopping by and hope you are having a great week.   We are going to go back into the deep freeze again so it will be wonderful painting weather.  Always nice when you can play and not have to do real work!!!  :)

Comments

Het is prachtig geworden Nelvia lieve groetjes Danielle
He is looking really good. It amazes me that you can do such small work in oils - good job!
hmuxo said…
He's coming along so beautifully, Nelvia. Wonderful texture!
Jane said…
Never easy to learn a new medium, but you are doing awfully well !

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo