Thirsty 2

Well got so used to posting something each day, yesterday felt strange.  Since it is a big day here in the US, due to Super Bowl Sunday, thought I would post early.    Not only the Super Bowl, great commercials but also a new episode of Downtown Abby!  Does that equate to heaven for both boys and girls?

As I said I want to continue to work in oils after gaining some confidence in the challenge.  So while I do have a pastel on the board also, a snow leopard, I am alternating with this piece.  Again my goal with oils is not to get too precise, but try to go with looser work and get used to bolder brushstrokes.  This is a beautiful piece of a tiger drinking, the photographer is Nicola at PMP.  Many have done this shot which shows much more background and water.  I decided to do a close crop (I think that is going to be part of my style going forward) and want to try to do a bit of an abstract background.  This again is the water mixable oils, small amounts of Liquin, and done on a piece of green matboard.

Thanks for stopping by and hoping that everyone is recovering, doing housework, talking to spouses and kids and just R&Ring from the challenge.  The challenge is definitely worth it, but it does get quite grueling, but just makes not having to do it daily so much more enjoyable.

Comments

It looks like you are off to a wonderful start,
renate said…
Hello dear Nelvia:) A good idea to do a close-up of the drinking tiger. It looks like he is very pretty! Finally relax a bit while painting. I wish you have a nice Sunday and say a hello to Paul. Big hugs and a big kiss:) xxx
hmuxo said…
Wonderful work already...
It will be be nice to see your progress with this piece. The green in the tiger is interesting, is there a reason for it?

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo