Mike WIP

 
 Mike
  8"x10"
Oil
Yep I am taking a bit of a breather after the challenge, but have been working on trying to get some technology things in place.  While most poeple say, this is easy, I am not the least bit computer intutitive so things like PayPal accounts and buttons take me a while to grasp and then be brave enough to try.

But I have been painting, meet Mike.  He is the sixth LSU mascot which I am doing for a friend who is a huge LSU fan having gone to school there.  Mike is the only live college tiger mascot, is a Bengali-Siberian mix, and lives in a 15,000 sq ft condo enclosure complete with waterfalls and pool cared for by the vet program.  He is one pampered cat.  He has extremely light coloring, except in the muzzle area where all the color seems to be congregated.  I am trying to work in oil again and definitely guess that with oil you have to work in layers so that you can get it dry enough that you can put color on top of color and not have it mix quite so much.  In some ways I like that acrylic dries fast, but don't think that you can get the blendability that you can with the oil.  

Thanks much for stopping by and hope you are having a great week.

Comments

renate said…
Hi Nelvia! Oh my, how fast you are going The one even more beautiful then the other. I loved your snowtigers so much. They were beautiful. And now Mike. In oil! Another winner, I can tell. Enjoy your paintingart. Big hugs and a nice week!! xxx
hmuxo said…
This is coming along so beautifully, Nelvia. For some reason I can't zoom on it like I would like but LOVE it!! Your work with oil is wonderful! I can't wait to see your next post on Mike.
Alexander said…
You certainly have a hand for big cats... and one can see you love it.
Nelvia said…
Thanks so much for looking C. You always give me such great support. Any more scribbles?
Nelvia said…
Hey Sweetie, yes that is one thing good about the challenge is it speeds you up and make decisions faster. I guess this is going to be my direction, wildlife and am thinking a bear might be the next try. I have another cat that I want to try too, a caracal. Sent you a note, let me know when you get a chance.
Nelvia said…
Hi Hilda, I don't know about this technology, hope this time you can get in. Seems like each picture is a lesson and I am starting to get a little more comfortable with the tackiness of this medium.
Nelvia said…
Hi A, almost makes we wish I could go to Africa to see them in the wild, but guess I will have to settle for zoos. He is coming along and hope he shows personality. I would have loved to do "mean" Mike with his mouth open and growling!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo