Long Way Down

                                                                Long Way Down
                                                                      9"x12"
                                                             Pastel/Sanded Paper
I love when a picture paints itself, not that it happens often, but when it does, it is magical.  That's is what this picture has done, in just a few hours I looked up and it was complete.  Oh yes, I will put it on the board and look at it and maybe tweak, but essentially I was looking to blow off steam and work on something without getting all tight about it.  My thanks goes to Margaret Stockdale who did a picture with a vivid background, that gave me the idea to try let and pull out all the color stops.  I went back to pastel on sanded paper, threw in the color and let it fall as it may.  I am happy with the result as I got my "red hot" sky, reflections that I am happy with and the giraffe pattern came through pretty well. 

Thanks much for stopping by and hope your week is off to a great start.

Comments

hmuxo said…
Amazing piece Nelvia! I love it! The background color is perfect with the color in the Giraffe!!
Nancy Goldman said…
I love this Nelvia! I can't believe you painted it so quickly. It looks like it should have taken days. I agree that the background color was a great choice.
Lovely,when a a painting just comes together,I love it.
Nelvia said…
Thanks Hilda, hoping I learned to be bolder with backgrounds, it sure pops
Nelvia said…
Hi Nancy, not sure why. It maybe just I was in comfort zone with pastels but it just went without a fight. Was at a loss on the ground and water but when I got away from it just works
Nelvia said…
Boy I sure wish it would happen more, insteD I feel like I am waging war. This was just down right fun. Hmmm maybe it is a state of mind
Nelvia said…
Thank you Val, never sure when you try something out of the box how it will turn out, but appears everyone likes it and doesn't think a red-orange sky is weird.
Ik hou me maar bij realistic schilderen was een probeersel de absract je giraffe is super mooi geworden Nelvia lieve groetjes Danielle
Jane said…
It's a real stunner Nelvia , you should rightly feel proud ! I love the bold yet very harmonious coloring , but also the movement of the giraffe .

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo