Winter Snow WIP

Today's exercise was to try to get back to working faster and looser and just have some fun.  I feel like I have gotten back to taking so much time to do a picture.  So yesterday I found several photos that I liked from PMP and thought I would take a stab at this buffalo/bison in the snow.  Yep going to shoot for another snow picture, but this one is in oil so will splatter snowfall after I get this in.  Know you aren't supposed to do acrylic over oil, but think I am going to try to see if the splatter will stick as I can really make that liquid, which I haven't figured out how to get that consistency with the oils, maybe have to go with trup, to go on the toothbrush. 
So what I have pretty much here is a rough in with the buffalo's coat actually the way it probably will be left, just need to work the head.  And then the background needed to dry so I can glaze out the trees that are there, than add another ligher area of closer line of trees, and finally the big trees.  Snow at this point is pretty roughed in as well, probably just do more highlights and let it go as the goal here is loose brushwork. 
Weather here is in a warming trend, but next 8 days are full of clouds and rain so got some garden work and maybe get to sit on the porch.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great week.

Comments

renate said…
I understand this painting is not finished yet:) maybe a bit work on the eye (just a little joke). The fur is so realistic. You did a great job on it. Knowing you, it will become a great art painting. I'm waiting for the end result. Surprise me, friend. A big kiss and hug from a sunny but cold Holland:) xxx
Nelvia said…
So you like the big red eye, that is the eye you get if you bother him I think. Still working on him so will post an update soon. Cold and rainy here again and the. Another burst of Spring.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo