Wolf WIP

Still working on my wolf.  I kind of reverted and got in some bolder strokes where the hair gets longer, on the body.  Put washes over the individual short hair work I had started with.  So am thinking that now I will go back in and selectively add more hair on top of the base in the face.  This will highlight or emphasize areas and should help to give more depth and dimension at least if you see it close up.  I did not use Liquin for the washes, but tried to use the thinner I am using and it really didn't get as thin a coat or as transparent as the Liquin does.  So learned in the future to stick with the Liquin if I don't want to totally obliterate the work below. 
Thanks much for stopping by and hope you will have a wonderful weekend, TGIF!!

Comments

hmuxo said…
This wolf is beautiful so far!!!...The fur is amazing and now the eyes really stand out... I also like the way your tiger is coming along!! Enjoy your weekend!!!
Your wolf is looking wonderful.
Jane said…
Already fantastic Nelvia, really coming along beautifully ! Wishing you a great sunday.
renate said…
OMG Nelvia!! This is so beautiful. I can see that painting was one of your first loves (beside Paul ofcourse:). The fur is so beautiful, not to speak of the eyes (I'm talking about the wolf again, not Paul:). I also love Mike in his surrounding. Wow these are both nice already!! Have a nice sunday and say a hello to Paul! Hugs and kisses:) xxx

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo