Mike VI for Kerrie WIP

This is another picture of Mike the LSU mascot for a friend.  This time it is an 11"x14" oil on canvas and incorporates the LSU stadium as well as the cat.  Buildings aren't my forte, so I have it roughed in somewhat and will definitely go back and make some tweaks.  Just am getting the base tones on Mike.  Wanted to have some darker tones as much of him is going to be in dappled light.  Just playing around here with impressions of foliage and grasses with all the tight detail being on the cat.  I am hoping it will keep him as the primary focus.
Thanks for stopping by and hope you are having a great week.

Comments

hmuxo said…
I love how you did the background already Nelvia..... I look forward your next post!
I think the building looks pretty good Nelvia - you don't want it too detailed as it is background. Interesting composition!
Nelvia said…
Hi Hilda - hope your snow has gone far away and Spring is creeping in. I like the background too, but the person who is going to take it thinks might be too busy. I think when the bulk of the body gets in it will reduce the fuzziness of the leaves - but we'll see. Doing commissions are so different, but learning a lot.
Nelvia said…
Thanks Val, have to credit the gal who wants it with the idea to put I the stadium. I agree I want it kind of vague, but do need to straighten up the arches a bit so that it at least looks like it might stand!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo