Wolf 2 WIP

Am making progress on my wolf and he is slowly coming to life.  I am finding that I end up and add multiple layers to try to get the salt and pepper look of his fur.  I also haven't fully figured out the ratio of thinner to the oil to make it run but still leave opaque color, but think I am getting the rhythm of doing the fur and am kind of clustering it and then coming back in with a dark or light to break it up.  Boy thought glad I have a great reference photo as the fur really goes in all direction on this wolf - more so than I have encountered before with other furred animals.

I am also making progress on my tiger and will show him below.  Because it is not a close crop on the face it is a bit more intricate and is taking just a bit longer, but I have also learned the valuable lesson to let oils dry, especially if you don't want them to blend - like black and white ending up in gray instead of crisp color.   Sorry we are in another rainy spell for days on end, so pics aren't always the best.


But biggest reason for slower work is this weekend is college basketball championships so I am trying to watch lots of the games as the ACC has 6 teams in and so far they are all hanging in.  Right now it's ACC against the world so am rooting for them all - yes, even UNC.  Duke plays a little later this afternoon, so I will definitely be down watching with my fingers crossed.  But if I believe what everyone else does Kentucky will ultimately win - but that's why we plan the games, so we'll see!!

Thanks much for stopping by and hope you have a great week to come.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo