Spirit - Running Horse WIP

Ok guys, this is where I am getting a bit apprehensive and feeling a bit vulnerable.  This is the point where you can really start to see where this is going and I am hoping that you all feel this is going to work.  My biggest fear is that they won't read/connect into one image.  As you can now see the connection is between the indian's blowing hair and the horses tail.  Maybe I need to lengthen the horses tail?
             Does it work - let me know your thoughts.
             Also my first thought was to keep the indian misty-like without any color so he reads                    ghostly-spirit like,  again your thoughts?
Thanks much for stopping by and your honest comments will be much appreciated.

Comments

hmuxo said…
This is coming along beautifully Nelvia. I think the ghostly look is a good idea and ONLY in my opinion the tail could be longer. You need to have someone who knows about horses to tell you.... looking forward to seeing the next post...
renate said…
Wow best friend, difficult questions for us. My first thought - I try to explain as well as possible- were the ghostly spirit like, as you have too. The connection is absolutely there. I wouldn't change the tail. I think it's perfect. About the Indian. I'm thinking about it 15 minutes already. My opinion is to give him a color, although the idea of the misty look is nice too. But hey, I'm not a pro and have never painted an Indian. Maybe you should wait for other reactions? You have to make the decision!
However, the horse is amazing Nelvia!! I love it. Surprise me with the indian:) Have fun:) Kisses and hugs from Holland!xxx
Nelvia said…
As yo can see in latest post I stayed with the original concept. Hope you still like it. Got the expert opinion on the tail, too high, so I cahanged it altogether and think it works, but not sure is it correct. Artistic license I think.
Nelvia said…
I find I am asking all kinds of questions because you guys make me think outside my little box. Hope you like the next post. I ave some other ideas where it will be full color and not ghostly like in this one.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo