Golden Waterhorse

Whew, finally got this challenge piece finished for the May "Heavy Metal" PMP group.  This is a fun piece, 5"x7" and fit into something I have been experimenting with - gold leaf.  This is mostly color pencil, but it does have gold leaf highlights.  We were supposed to be doing metal, so might have been a bit of cheating here, but hey - no one said it was outside the rules. 
One other thing I did differently in this piece, besides the gold leaf, was to polish the color pencil with a rubber color mover and toilet paper between layers to try to get the white tooth of the paper filled in.  Can't really see it on here but it leaves a very glossy finish (got a light glare when I tried to put full light on the piece to photo it) on the wood and the gold leaf also is very shiny.
Also got myself organized this morning, now that I have the Zebra finished, and put 7 more things on the board.  Going to be a combination of scratch, clayboard and trying Duralar with color pencil.  Also have one really goofy just fun piece.  That ought to keep me busy and out of trouble -- well, maybe.  Now just have to figure out which one I want to do first.  Oh, by the way, two of them are my husband's pictures - so if there is something funny about the crop - who's to blame!!!  :)

Comments

hmuxo said…
This Golden Waterhorse is beautifully painted, Nelvia! Excellent texture.. I can't believe this is pencil....Wonderful work!!
Jane said…
Gorgeous painting, so many small details, wow ! Have a nice weekend.
Nelvia said…
Thanks Hilda. Because there are multiple layers it makes a kind of 3D look.
Nelvia said…
Thanks much Jane, I do love my details

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo