Zebra Scratch WIP

Well he or she is coming along.  Got the neck and chest areas scoped out, you can see the black in the muzzle, and the in between area is the flank and back area.  Still haven't figured out how to do two scans and then stitch them together, so the entire Zebra is not actually shown here.  Am going to continue to stick with the getting the white stripes in and the nose area, then coming back in to shade.  Shading as I am reading is really important in scratch work and I am having a problem making myself wait as I want to get the more 3D effects now rather than waiting to get it all white and add back in.  I am constantly experimenting with strokes on the white strips and fear that I may have overworked the ones I have done in more fully so might have to try to add back in light wash and then stroke out again so it isn't so flat.  All I can say is the more you do reveals how much you have left to learn.  Thanks goodness, as it would be boring to think you couldn't still stretch.
Thanks for stopping by and hope you are having a great week.

Comments

hmuxo said…
OMGosh, Nelvia.! This Zebra is coming along SO beautifully!! I love it already!!!!
Nancy Goldman said…
This is so beautiful Nelvia. I can't wait to see it finished!
Nelvia said…
Thanks Hilda, am at Birmongham zoo today and Grant zebras really are mostly brown and white, so,guess I will be adding brown diluted ink when finished.
Nelvia said…
Got to,stay patient, hard to do,,but hoping to get him completed by end of next week -got to,have a girl, saw them love today so,should get me stoked!!!
Jane said…
Amazing work Nelvia , great to see him / her come alive ! Have a nice week .

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo