Yeah, Pigs Can Fly - WIP







When I first saw this photo by Patricia Ann Jones, at PMP, I just had to stop and laugh.  First thought was "If Pigs Could Fly".  So I dutifully checked out the ears and aerodynamically I said this one could.  I knew I just had to draw him/her.  Truly only a face a mother could love.  I am just in the mood for a little humor.
This is a combination of things, mostly CP, some pastel and white gel pen (usually knocked back by additional color pencil on top of it)
Be sure to read the previous post about this week's Featured Artist - Alexander Clausen.
Thanks for stopping by and hope you are having a great weekend.



 








Comments

renate said…
This is lovely Nelvia!~ I'm very fond of pigs you know:) I made one too, long time ago and had the name Kune,kune witch means fat and round and is a small pig from New Zealand. It looks like yours. Oooh this is going to be wonderful!!!! Hugs xxx
Jane said…
Really looking forward to seeing the final result, this made me smile :-)))
Zo leuk om te zien het staat ook nog op mijn verlanglijstje om te tekenen ik heb ook een hele grappige deze word super ik zie het nu al lieve groetjes Daniëlle
Nelvia said…
I remember your pig now. Send it to me and I will post with mine. Maybe others will send their pigs too. More to you later
Nelvia said…
Hi Jane, it is relatively small, would frame to 9x12" so hope to finish up quickly. What an expression I think this pig could not only fly but talk
Nelvia said…
Danielle how are you? Good to see you stop by. Yes, draw your pig and send it and I will post. They are just fun
hmuxo said…
Your pig is coming along beautifully, Nelvia! I look forward to your next post....
Nelvia said…
Hi Hilda, isn't it just the cutest. Loved the expression. Finding all kinds of ways to use pastel without making it the key ingredient .

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo