Beauty Finished

Ok, I am calling her done.  I am pretty happy with this scan versus a digital photo as I think it better shows the softness of the color, strokes and smoothness of her skin.  I am going to have to learn that stitching program so that I can just switch to scans even with pictures larger than my scanner deck. 
As you can see I still am struggling with the darker spots and hope to get some feedback from the community at The Five Pencil Method on how you can go dark with the softer leads but still retain smoothness.
Again, I really like how this turned out and still have a long way to go before I am really comfortable with this new method of the disappearing stroke that Darrel advocates.  But I am pretty pleased with the first try, only thing I really don't like is that back shoulder, but again am hoping that I will get some suggestions.  Might be as simple as not going that dark in the future.  I also really like just the subtle color tones like a tint.  I think I did ok on the hair, it feels full with volume and makes me think movement. 
Thanks much for stopping by and again I am still looking for title suggestions.

Comments

Nelvia, she is beautiful,love the eyes and her lips.
Try blocking out that back shoulder and see if you even need it there.
Lovely as always.
Take care
Caroline
hmuxo said…
She is absolutely perfect Nelvia! I love the subtle colors....and the beautiful pose!
Wonderful work!
Nancy Goldman said…
Perfect title. This is truly beautiful.
Nelvia said…
Hi C, I think I am going to take your advice and see if I can erase and then darken and not get a slick spot.
Nelvia said…
I really like the color with the graphite, guess I am just a color nut
Nelvia said…
I am going to get her fixed up and enter her in the September art show for my art group. The judge is a local gallery owner who likes abstracts, so not sure this will resonate with her. Theme is Fruits of our labor, and I certainly put in the hours on this one. Worth it thiugh
Alexander said…
Nice. Though personally I hesitate to blacken the background, so I d just use grey paper. But the face is very well done

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo