Bulwagi WIP

We got more rain so the weather here is a bit cooler and it's time to go out and enjoy the porch (alas too early for wine) and my hubby.  So this is probably it for the day unless I sneak a few minutes here and there.
Ok, got a couple more hours in on this and wanted to post this update because I think it shows a little bit better the direction I am trying to take this piece.  Here is what I am thinking out loud on this post.  I am trying to get more definition with the pencils and you can see if you enlarge this pic the more detailed work that is going on all around the head area.  I also have put on some graphite powder to add texture and see am going to have to apply it heavier, which I think I will do the final coat at the end.  Always have to be bolder than you initially think for both darks and highlights.  I see here that some of the highlighted areas need to be smoothed out, but will wait until the end, unless it bugs me.  Actually will probably add back in more dabs of pastel color just to enhance what I have erased or worked over with the graphite.  So far I am finding this is a pretty forgiving process, but it still shocks me to see a yellow and purple/blue elephant staring back at me.  Think at the end the overall effect with be a gray elephant with pops of color showing through - at least I think that is what I am going for.  Kind of fun as this morphs and changes the more I am working on it.
Thanks for stopping by and hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo