Bulwagi........Ears Completed

Got Bulwagi completed, I think, today. 
This has been such a fun experiment and I am happy to say such a forgiving process.  Dab on a little more pastel, graphite, erase it off and voila you have a bit of texture of elephant hide.  How?
1)  Good reference photos, thanks Paul/hubby
2)  textured mat board
3)  pastel
4)  graphite
5)  putty eraser (almost the best tool in the box)
My hubby is glad to see that he isn't all purple/blue and yellow any more, although the undertones of terra cotta, purple/blue and ochre still shine through and are repeatedin the background.
I am not going to spray fix this as I don't usually fix pastel as it tends to change the colors and mat down the refracting particles (sounded pretty good eh?)  So will end up and mat and frame if I frame him.
Will leave this on the board for a few days so he can talk to me and make adjustments as needed, I see a big one I just fixed by his belly.  Will definitely try this technique to experiment again with another picture.  Most interested in what you think of the results folks, so please make your thoughts known.
Thanks for stopping by and hope you will have a great painting weekend coming up

Comments

hmuxo said…
Beautiful colors and texture, Nelvia. I like this piece very much and think you should do a series of animals using this technique!
Feng Shui said…
The painting is becoming better each time.

artisoo
Nelvia said…
Hi Hilda, I agree, am already thinking about trying more and also with color pencil. Have some suggested tweaks to make so might post again to see if you think it is improved. Hope TheFivePencilMethid gives you some insights,,have been watching videos and it is like taking a workshop.
Nelvia said…
Hi Feng Shui, thanks for stopping by and especially leaving a comment. I guess details are good as each post is more detail. Glad you like it and will definitely stop by your blog or web page.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo