Courageous WIP

Ok, so some times I get a littleout there on the edge so I am asking for some feedback.  I have been asked to donate a picture for an auction for Ronald McDonald House Charities.  They are famous for assisting families in many ways and most major hospitals have houses or family rooms for families to stay during their chid's illness.
I have been wanting to do this little girl's picture for a while now and thought I would use it, but eliminate her hair since so many of the sick children that this charity reaches are cancer patients.  I don't want this to be sad, but portray her as a fighter who is beating the disease.  She shows attitude with the character of the hat, again something that is very common for the cancer patients. 

Here is the question, is this tacky?  Should I go ahead and just do the as reference shows with hair?  Either way I think the picture has potential.  I guess my mood is such right now that I am not sure that what I was originally thinking would be hurtful to someone.


Comments

Ik wil zo graag jou antwoord geven op de mooie dingen die je maakt maar het lukt maar weinig dan gaat het gewoon niet heel lastig lieve groetjes Daniëlle
Ik kan hier op geen antwoord op geven je moet doen wat je hart je in geeft dan is het altijd goed lieve groetjes Daniëlle
hmuxo said…
Ronald McDonald happens to be one of my favorite charities.......they do so much for the children and their families... I'm not sure what would be the "right" thing to do. The reference picture is beautiful and I know it will be amazing..
Nelvia said…
Hi Danielle, oh I so agree, I have gone back and forth and feel the answer is as you say. Something just tells me to do it this way. If they feel differently they won't put it in the auction, but I think I just need to do it. Sure appreciate your thoughts and so good to hear from you. Hope you are doing well.
Nelvia said…
Hi Hilda, I hope to be able to find some more places to give back, I think they are an excellent charity. Figuring out "right" is always hard, but maybe I am being too sensitive. As you see in next post I went forward.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo