Christmas Card #2 Nostalgic Santa

Santa


Giving up here as I have tweaked this several times and this is just one of those that looks better in person.   I just can't get it color and light adjusted in the Mac.  By the way they really have enhanced the adjustments you can do in the photo program.

 I am still sticking to my nostalgic theme for my cards.  This Santa was popular in the 30s and 40s.  I like how he has the holly in his hat brim.  I also really liked the crinkled, apple cheeks and twinkle in the eyes.  It was rather strange though in that the reference had five fingers with no thumb and a funky arm part showing, so I had to do a little tweaking before I posted this.   In comparison to last year's cards these are turning out to be more mini paintings, rather than a quick card.   But that works well using the miniature skills I have acquired this year working with the ATCs.

Thanks much for stopping by.

Comments

Joan Tavolott said…
I like the nostalgic look to this. We get so used to seeing the more modern Santas but it is nice to see these with a bit more character and uniqueness.
Helen said…
I love his eyebrows! and yes, the holly in his hat fur.
This is charming Nelvia. The sparkle in the eyes just makes this piece although the feather position is a bit awkward - lol.
Jane said…
Oh yes, this Santa really puts you in the good old Christmas spirit :-) Love him !
Sheila said…
Love his fluffy, styled beard. And the holly. Cheerful and merry :)

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo