Reflection Acrylic Portrait WomanReflection

Reflection
14"x18"
                                             HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE

Just got this finished, I think, and it is time to clean up the kitchen, again, and then start setting up my Christmas tree.  Big old turkey a little later this afternoon.

This is a bit of a different style, a kind of mysterious portrait.  I wanted it to be kind of dreamy instead of the wallpaper the reference had, and I liked the title because it alludes to several different of types of reflections.  The skin tones in this piece also are very grayed out which I think helps create an interior scene feel.  

This is an acrylic piece and I did have fun with the mirror and the mirror reflections.   While it isn't perfect I think it gives the impression of an ornate mirror and in real life you really see the gold sections metallic look reflect much better.  The necklace chain I did do with a metallic colored silver pencil and it does give it nice shine.

Thanks much for stopping by and I hope everyone had a wonderful day with family and friends.  We all have much to be thankful for.



Comments

Super job Nelvia!. I like the background and the mysterious feel to the reflection.
Joan Tavolott said…
This is lovely! I love the way you handled the mirror and the wallpaper background. She looks so deep in thought!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo