DAY 14 Abstract

Well now I understand why the titles of abstracts in the museums are so inane, like Red, well yeah, the canvas is red.  How do you name and really describe these things?   I  guess I am feeling the influence of the hurricane as I think this is Shoals and all that energy is going inland.  Oh, well, who knows, but thanks for taking a look today.

I had another really runny paint session and the teal on the left is part of the paper towel that is under my glass palette, it got drenched with the teal so I cut it up and added it on and then put the black over the top and wet is as I really like the  run effects that you get.

Comments

Sheila said…
That is my favorite part. Never would have known Nelvia :) High winds and reflections, terrific :)
carol edan said…
Many times the title comes from your feeling and not the actual thing ( not the best word). Love the depth and movement! Carries me along, has a good positive vibe!
Nelvia said…
I thought of you as I was doing it too. You got to try it, you can glue it on with mod podge or matte medium or if you have wet paint under it just lay it on, then spray it with water and let it bleed or you can put color on top, spray and let it bleed.
Nelvia said…
Oh Carol I like that idea very much. So much to learn.
There is a fellow here that just numbers his work - let the purchaser name it! I like the movement and the colours here.
Nelvia said…
That seems like it could be an option as well. It might come down to that because some of these I couldn't come up with anything.
Joan Tavolott said…
There seems to be a lot of energy almost like a pushing in this. Love the colors!!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo